Finally, after all these years Flash has done something about the mouse, that we all needed so much.
To enable the new mouse locking propriety set Stage.mouseLock to true. There are several rules which are applied here:
– this property can only be set in full screen mode ( I guess because some security reasons ).
– it dispatches a runtime exception if it is called in non-full screen mode.
– the property can be read in non-full screen mode.
– when exiting full screen mode Stage.mouseLock is automatically set to false.
Situations where mouse locking is disabled automatically and the mouse cursor is made visible again:
– when the user hits ESC.
– when the window loses focus, for instance when the user hit CTRL-TAB.
– when any settings UI is visible (that includes all privacy dialogs). When a native dialog is shown, for instance a file upload dialog.
Right and middle click events:
Just like with Adobe AIR, right and middle click events can now be used to inside Flash Player.
Another great thing is that you can disable the context menu entirely.